With Thrivent Choice®, you can recommend where some of Thrivent Financial's charitable outreach funds go. Since 2010, members have used this program to direct $300 million to churches and nonprofits nationwide.
Direct Choice Dollars to enrolled charities of your choice.
How Thrivent Choice Works
Members become eligibleMore Informationfor Thrivent Choice based on insurance premiums, contract values and Thrivent volunteer leadership. Eligible members are designated Choice Dollars that they can direct to enrolled charities.
Choosing a charitable organization
There are thousands of participating organizations. You can direct Choice Dollars to as many participating organizations as you'd like, but you may not direct less than five Choice Dollars to an organization. Enrolled organizations must be:
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit or congregation that meets program eligibility rules (PDF).
- Recommended by a benefit member.
- Approved by a Thrivent Member Network or Thrivent chapter leadership board before being added to the online catalog.
- Must be a benefit member (someone who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership, and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance).
- Must be age 16 or older.
- At least $750 in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products.
- At least $20,000 in contract value of qualifying products.
- Hold a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position.
Promote Thrivent Choice in Your Community
Tools and resources to help volunteer leaders and organizations spread the word.
Thrivent Choice Promotion Kit
Many organizations actively promote Thrivent Choice to their member base, but may not be aware of the free Thrivent-developed tools and resources available to them to promote the program. The Thrivent Choice Promotion Kit includes information on how the program works, several "Best Practices" ideas from organizations that have successfully promoted the program and a DVD that tells the story of one organization that has used the program to provide meals for school children in Haiti. The kit includes the following materials:
"Choice Dollars grant funds are a godsend when it comes to buying items [for our church's quilting group]. These quilts are very therapeutic for those who sew them and the children who receive them."*
* The member's experience may not be the same as other members' and does not indicate future performance or success.
The Thrivent Choice charitable grant program engages Thrivent members and chapters in providing grants that support charitable activities, furthering Thrivent's mission and its purposes under state law. Directing Thrivent Choice Dollars and participating in Voting Events are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Thrivent Choice® program, and if you direct any Thrivent Choice Dollars® or participate in any Voting Events this means that you agree to the Terms and Conditions (PDF).