Thrivent Action Teams
How it works
Think about an unmet need in your community and how you could help. Apply to lead your volunteer team in a one-time fundraiser, service activity or educational event that can be completed within 90 days. Once your project is approved, you'll receive a Thrivent Action Kit, including:
- Promotional banner.
- Invitations and thank-you cards.
- Thrivent Action Team T-shirts.
- A $250 Community Impact Card you can use as seed money to get your project off the ground and make a bigger impact.
How often am I eligible?
All Thrivent members are eligible to lead a Thrivent Action Team. However, the number of teams each member can lead per year depends on his or her membership type. Benefit members are eligible to lead two Thrivent Action Teams per calendar year, and associate members are eligible to lead one per calendar year (maximum of three).
You have a story – share it!
Inspire generosity by sharing your Thrivent Action Team story. Tweet, post or share your photos using the options below.
Things to keep in mind
Bring together a volunteer team of friends, family and people in your community to have a bigger impact. It's not a gift or a grant. It's seed money, and it's an investment to help get your project started or gain awareness for your cause, rather than directly giving the money to (granting) or purchasing items for (gifting) your cause.
One action team, one project
Multiple members cannot apply to receive a Thrivent Action Kit to be used toward the exact same project.
Report your success
Share your stories, photos and volunteer team info with us after your event – this must be completed before applying to lead your next Thrivent Action Team.Apply now
Resources For Every Step of Your Project
- Brainstorm tool (PDF) – Use this worksheet to help identify your next project.
- Generosity Starts Here ideas flyer (PDF) – Creative examples of projects done by members like you (Previously 101 Ideas).
- Project planning checklist
- Conversation Guide (PDF) – Start the conversation with others about Thrivent Action Teams.
- News release event announcement (Word) – Send this to local media to recruit volunteers and announce the event.
- Media advisory (Word) – Invite the media.
- News release results announcement (Word) – Send this to share results, photos and other information about the difference you and your Thrivent Action Team made.
- Fillable project poster (PDF) – An easy way to promote your efforts.
- Bulletin Insert (PDF) – Share Thrivent Action Teams with your church or community groups.
Thrivent member activities, such as Thrivent Action Teams, Thrivent Builds, and Thrivent Choice, engage Thrivent members and Thrivent Member Networks in charitable activities, furthering Thrivent's mission and its purposes under state law. You should never purchase or retain any insurance or annuity products simply to be able to participate. Participation is subject to applicable Terms and Conditions. Thrivent Action Team Terms and Conditions (PDF).