Thrivent Action Teams
It starts with an idea powered by your passion. Bring a team together to make an immediate impact on a cause you care about. We'll help get you started. It's easy!
Thrivent Action Teams - Application
Now that you know how Thrivent Action Teams work, it's time to get started on your project and live generously.
How it works
Think about an unmet need in your community and how you could help. Apply to lead your volunteer team in a one-time fundraiser, service activity or educational event that can be completed within 90 days. Once your project is approved, you'll receive a Thrivent Action Kit, including:
- Promotional banner.
- Invitations and thank-you cards.
- Thrivent Action Team T-shirts.
- A $250 Community Impact Card you can use as seed money to purchase project supplies and create promotional materials.
How often am I eligible?
All Thrivent members are eligible to lead a Thrivent Action Team. However, the number of teams each member can lead per year depends on his or her membership type. Benefit members are eligible to lead two Thrivent Action Teams per calendar year, and associate members are eligible to lead one per calendar year (maximum of three).
Things to keep in mind
Bring together a volunteer team of friends, family and people in your community to have a bigger impact. It's not a gift or a grant. It's seed money, and it's an investment to help get your project started or gain awareness for your cause, rather than directly giving the money to (granting) or purchasing items for (gifting) your cause.
One action team, one project
Multiple members cannot apply to receive a Thrivent Action Kit to be used toward the exact same project.
Report your success
Share your stories, photos and volunteer team info with us after your event – this must be completed before applying to lead your next Thrivent Action Team.Apply now
Promote Thrivent Action Teams
- 101 Thrivent Action Team ideas (PDF) – Creative examples of projects done by members like you.
- Getting more people involved (PDF) – Tips to help you invite others to join your team.
- Project planning checklist (PDF) – This checklist helps you develop your plan.
- Conversation Guide (PDF) – Start the conversation with others about Thrivent Action Teams.
- Bulletin insert (PDF) – Promote your project and get more team members from church.
- News release event announcement (Word) – Send this to local media to recruit volunteers and announce the event.
- Media advisory (Word) – Invite the media.
- News release results announcement (Word) – Send this to share results, photos and other information about the difference you and your Thrivent Action Team made.
- Fillable project poster (Word) – An easy way to promote your efforts.
- Call 800-847-4836 and say "Thrivent Action Teams."
- Thrivent Action Team FAQs.