Thrivent Action Teams
It starts with an idea powered by your passion. Bring a team together to make an immediate impact on a cause you care about. We'll help get you started. It's easy!
How it works
Think about an unmet need in your community and how you could help. Apply to lead your volunteer team in a one-time fundraiser, service activity or educational event that can be completed within 90 days. Once your project is approved, you'll receive a Thrivent Action Kit, including:
- Promotional banner.
- Invitations and thank-you cards.
- Thrivent Action Team T-shirts.
- A $250 Community Impact Card you can use as seed money to purchase project supplies and create promotional materials.
How often am I eligible?
All Thrivent members are eligible to lead a Thrivent Action Team. However, the number of teams each member can lead per year depends on his or her membership type. Benefit members are eligible to lead two Thrivent Action Teams per calendar year, and associate members are eligible to lead one per calendar year (maximum of three).
You have a story – share it!
Inspire generosity by sharing your Thrivent Action Team story. Tweet, post or share your photos using the options below.
Things to keep in mind
Bring together a volunteer team of friends, family and people in your community to have a bigger impact. It's not a gift or a grant. It's seed money, and it's an investment to help get your project started or gain awareness for your cause, rather than directly giving the money to (granting) or purchasing items for (gifting) your cause.
One action team, one project
Multiple members cannot apply to receive a Thrivent Action Kit to be used toward the exact same project.
Report your success
Share your stories, photos and volunteer team info with us after your event – this must be completed before applying to lead your next Thrivent Action Team.Apply now
Promote Thrivent Action Teams
- Brainstorm tool (PDF) (Link opens in new window) – Use this worksheet to help identify your next project.
- 101 Thrivent Action Team ideas (PDF) (Link opens in new window) – Creative examples of projects done by members like you.
- Project planning checklist
- Conversation Guide (PDF) (Link opens in new window) – Start the conversation with others about Thrivent Action Teams.
- News release event announcement (Word) (Link opens in new window) – Send this to local media to recruit volunteers and announce the event.
- Media advisory (Word) (Link opens in new window) – Invite the media.
- News release results announcement (Word) (Link opens in new window) – Send this to share results, photos and other information about the difference you and your Thrivent Action Team made.
- Fillable project poster (PDF) (Link opens in new window) – An easy way to promote your efforts.
- Bulletin Insert (PDF) (Link opens in new window) – Share Thrivent Action Teams with your church or community groups.