- Q: What information do we gather on our website?
- A: If you are a client of Thrivent Trust Company, to access your account information online, you will need to provide your user id and password on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website. To enroll in this service, you need to contact Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225-8345. Upon initial use of the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website, you will need to provide your telephone number, which is only used to identify you as a unique authorized user.
Thrivent Trust Company will never ask you to provide or confirm your personal information through an email unless you have requested such an email or transaction from us. Never respond to an email (especially unsolicited email) which asks for your personal or account information.
In other sections of our website (e.g. information request forms, Contact Us page), we may capture additional information you may supply including your name, address, email address, phone number and other personal information in order to fulfill your request.
- Q: What other information do we capture?
- A: Thrivent Trust Company's web server automatically recognizes only your IP address when you visit our site as an anonymous visitor (without logging in). It does not recognize your email address. However, we do collect your email address if you communicate with us via email.
If you enroll on our Online Access Website, please keep your personal information, including your email address, up to date. Your email address will be used by you to retrieve a forgotten password and assist you in using other self-service features. You may update any of your personal information by calling Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225- 8345. Your email address may also be updated on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website under the Profile link's E-Delivery Settings screen if you have signed up for E-Delivery.
When you visit our website, we collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you. We may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect aggregate information about how our websites are accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the website.
If you access or service your accounts online using your user ID and password to authenticate yourself, a record of your online activity is maintained.
- Q: How can you update the personal information you provide online?
- A: You can update your email address online if you have signed up for E-Delivery on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website. To change your email address, log onto the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website and select the Profile link and then the E-Delivery Setting link and enter your address in the Notification E-mail Address box. Click Save Settings to update the email address. All other information about your account or online access must be updated by calling Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225-8345. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central time Monday through Friday.
- Q: How do we secure the information we collect?
- A: Thrivent Trust Company has standards of security to protect your data by putting in place physical, technical and administrative safeguards. The technology we use to protect your data is reviewed and improvements are implemented as needed.
Authorized employees and representatives are permitted to access and use data about you for approved business purposes. All employees and representatives must complete all required training to ensure they understand and follow established policies and laws when using your data.
- Q: What do we do with the information we gather?
A: We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To fulfill requests for additional information.
- To fulfill your requests for contact from a Thrivent Trust Company customer service representative.
- To help ensure a safer online environment for all site visitors.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- To increase visitor satisfaction in their online experience with Thrivent Trust Company.
- To aid in problem resolution if you experience technical difficulties while using our website.
- To learn about opportunities to market other services that may be of interest to you and to market those services to you.
- To provide you with security information to assist you in accessing the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website.
- Q: How do you opt out of data sharing and email marketing?
- A: To opt out of data sharing and email marketing, call us toll-free at 877-225-8345. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central time Monday through Friday. For email marketing that you are already receiving, please choose "unsubscribe" within the email itself to opt-out of future email marketing.
- Q: How do we respond to "Do Not Track" signals?
- A: Thrivent Trust Company does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals. On Thrivent.com/trust, notification is provided concerning cookies and tracking of information. Where information may be shared with a third party who is not a service provider, consent is required prior to sharing of such information.
- Q: Do we use cookie technology?
- A: Yes, Thrivent Trust Company's website uses cookie technology. Cookies are a technology storage mechanism. Specific pieces of information, some of which may be personal, such as an IP address, are contained within a cookie. Most often though, the cookie will contain anonymous unique identifiers given to your web browser by a web server. The browser stores the cookie on your device. The cookie, and any information contained within it, is sent back, via a web beacon, to the server each time your browser requests that site.
The information within the cookie might be about you, your preferences, or your device, but mostly, cookies are used to make the site work as you would expect it.
We generally employ four types of cookies.
- Necessary: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic to our sites so we can improve the site’s performance. All information contained in these cookies are aggregate and anonymous and it is recommended that they not be turned off.
- Functional: These cookies allow our website to provide you with customized services or personalization and increase the quality of your online experience. These cookies may be set by us or a third party on our behalf.
Keep in mind that cookies:
- Cannot be used to reveal your email address obtained from your hard drive or learn confidential or personal information about you that you have not already explicitly revealed.
- Cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites.
- Are not executable programs and cannot damage your computer or the files on your device.
- Q: How can you set or delete your computer's cookies?
- A: You can set your computer's browser to opt-out of receiving and storing cookies; however, doing so may limit your access to certain sections of our site. You also can delete cookies stored on your computer's browser. Clearing your browser’s cookies is the only way to change the Thrivent Trust Company cookie settings you may have previously elected or opted out of.
If you have previously selected to have Thrivent.com/trust remember your device, deleting cookies will disable this feature. The process to set or delete cookies differs by browser. See your browser's Help feature or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to set/delete your browser's cookie options.
- Q: Do we use web beacons?
- A: Yes. Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixels, and page tags) are the mechanism by which cookies, and their data, are transferred across the internet. In other words, web beacons and cookies work in conjunction with each other to monitor the behavior of site visitors. Thrivent Trust Company uses web beacons on our website and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes and marketing conversion tracking.
- Q: What cookies, site authentication and encryption are utilized by the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website?
A: If you utilize the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website, it uses two types of cookies:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that are automatically deleted whenever you close all open Web browser windows. Session cookies are used to ensure that you are recognized when you move from page to page within the site and that any information you have entered is remembered. Session Cookies do not collect information from the user's computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Persistent cookies that remain permanently on the cookie file of your computer. The persistent cookies contain an encrypted identification value associated with the User ID. Persistent cookies personalize your website experience and enhance security measures by recognizing your computer.
The cookies placed on your computer do not contain any personal information, such as an email address or name.
Although your browser may permit you to reject cookies, cookies are required to login and navigate within the Online Access Website. If you should choose to disallow cookies you will be required to respond to challenge questions each time you log on.
We protect your account information from unauthorized access by placing it on the most secure portion of the Online Access Website. You have to enter a unique user name and password each time you want to access the secure Online Access Website. We also utilize a site authentication feature (personalized image and description), which allows you to verify you are visiting the valid website. Your password should never be shared with anyone. None of our other clients can access your data, and only a restricted set of our employees can access your data in order to provide service to you. When you access password-protected portions of the site using a web browser, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used to protect your communications through server authentication and data encryption. Although the Online Access Website may link to some external sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites.
- Q: Do we use encryption technology?
- A: Certain areas on Thrivent Trust Company's website have been built to handle confidential information. These pages utilize an internet method known as Secure Socket Layers (SSL). With SSL, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to Thrivent Trust Company also is encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn't have the appropriate decryption key. This method of transferring confidential data is considered the industry standard for the Internet.
For added security, close your browser completely when you finish using this website. While you are on the internet, your browser is using part of your computer's memory. If your browser is left open, it may be possible for someone using your computer to go back and use this memory to access your information. Closing your browser will clear this memory. Another action to consider would be to clear your browser's temporary files.
For your security, we highly recommend maintaining an updated browser version that supports SSL. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari are three browsers that support these encryption techniques. A solid lock graphic will display when the SSL mode is engaged to reflect the connection is encrypted. If you are not sure if your browser is compatible, check with your service provider.
Thrivent Trust Company has taken steps to make all information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use, alteration, and/or loss. This information is kept in Thrivent Trust Company's secure database. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
- Q: What is our policy for children?
- A: Your children's safety is important to us. We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Federal Trade Commission Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. We encourage you to participate in your children's online experiences and ask that all children have their parent's or guardian's permission before sharing any personal information on our website.
- Q: What about links to other websites from Thrivent Trust Company's site?
- Q: What about transmission of data to other countries?
- A: Your personal information is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States.
- Q: Can this policy change?
- A: This policy is subject to change. If we make changes to this policy, we will revise the effective date as noted above. Please review this policy periodically.
Thrivent Trust Company
Attn: Compliance Department
4321 N. Ballard Road
Appleton, WI 54919-0001.