Disability Income Insurance
When your paycheck is your livelihood, disability income insurance protects it. If you’re ever unable to work due to an illness or injury, the right coverage can help you keep up on recurring expenses (like a mortgage or auto loan) and financial goals (like planning for retirement or saving toward college).
How Disability Income Insurance Works
Disability income insurance replaces a portion of your income if you get sick or hurt and can’t work for an extended period of time. The premiums you pay secure you a monthly benefit amount for a set term or until you can return to work.
Coverage helps protect:
- The younger and healthier you are, the easier it is to qualify for a disability income insurance contract and a lower premium.
- Disability income insurance helps you secure an invaluable line of defense. Especially when more than 1 in 4 of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled before they retire.1
Workers With Employer Coverage
- An individual disability income insurance contract can help maintain your family’s quality of life by bridging the gap between what’s covered by your employee benefits and the remainder of your wages.
- Your protection will follow you even if you change jobs.
- Thrivent is one of the few insurers that covers those who stay home to care for their families2 – something we recognize as valuable hard work.
- If you are a homemaker and become disabled, stay-at-home spouse coverage can help pay for childcare, housekeeping and other responsibilities.
“Getting this policy was the smartest decision I ever made.”
– Melinda Busch, Frisco, Texas
Thrivent client Melinda Busch was working as a dental hygienist when a slamming door crushed her ring finger. Unable to use dental instruments, she was out of work for 6 months. But her disability income insurance contract helped Melinda and her family stay on top of bills and other critical expenses. Today, Melinda stands by the protection she chose. “Getting this policy was the smartest decision I ever made.”
Disability Income Insurance Calculator
Could an illness or injury hurt your income? Find out how much insurance you’d need to help you and your loved ones maintain your finances—and your quality of life.
1 Social Security Administration. “Fact Sheet.” December 2019.
2 Coverage for stay-at-home spouses not offered in all states.
The members’ experiences may not be the same as other members’ and does not indicate future performance or success.
This is a solicitation for insurance. A licensed insurance agent/producer may contact you.
Disability income insurance contracts have exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and terms under which the contract may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your licensed insurance agent/producer.