Last Modified: June 7th, 2020
As used herein, "Company", "our", "we" or "us" refers collectively and, where appropriate, singularly, to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, its subsidiaries and affiliates, Thrivent Mutual Funds, and the Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. Users intending to access areas of this Website requiring registration must be at least 16 years of age. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age or older and meet all eligibility requirements. If you are not 13 years of age or older and do not meet all eligibility requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any Service we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time, for any period, or for any reason. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users. Therefore, you are advised not to rely on the Website's availability to conduct any time sensitive business.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures (collectively, "Registration Credentials"), you understand that your Registration Credentials are personal to you and must be protected. You understand that you are responsible for any activity and transactions performed through your registered Website account. Further, you agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to your registered Website account, use of your Registration Credentials, or any other security incident. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
As part of our enhanced online login process, we require you to provide your email address or phone number so that you are able to receive, and then provide to us, a verification code. If you elect to receive the verification code via text message, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
- Program: Thrivent offers its end users added security verification by means of an automated text message sent to the users' mobile phone number. Verification is done by you, the user, receiving a message with a verification code which you will need to enter on the website. This program will be ongoing. Message and Data rates may apply. You will be allowed to opt out of receiving your verification code via text message at any time.
- To Stop the Program: If you wish to cancel the use of your mobile device(s) for security verification purposes, log into MyThrivent, go to Manage My Profile, and access the "Update login security information" page.
- Deactivating mobile phone number: If you deactivate cellular service for the mobile number that you used to enroll in the security verification feature, you are responsible for removing the same phone number from the program, as described in the "To Stop the Program" above.
- Questions: You can contact us at 800-847-4836, Monday - Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
We have the right to disable your Registration Credentials, at any time, in our sole discretion, for any reason, without notice. If your Registration Credentials are disabled and you have elected to receive documents via e-delivery, we will opt you out of e-delivery and you will receive all Company correspondence via postal mail until such time that your Website account can be reactivated and you consent to reestablish e-delivery.
If you are a registered user, you may use the Website to make changes or perform transactions affecting the physical assets in your Company accounts (also referred to as "Product Accounts"). Such permitted transactions may include, but are not limited to, online beneficiary changes and distributions.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire Contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, Software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may download and print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Copy, sell, or in any way use any text, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, graphics, or any other part of the Website except in the limited manner, for personal, non-commercial use only, described above.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
Any use of the Software by you other than as required to navigate and to utilize the intended functionality offered through this Website is prohibited. You agree not to access the Services or Content by any means other than the interface provided by the Company through this Website for your use in accessing the Services and Content.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: BoxCopyrightAgent@Thrivent.com.
The Company name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans used in the Website, unless otherwise noted, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates or is prohibited by any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, U.S. export laws and regulations and any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To export or re-export the Services or any direct product thereof: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country that is subject to a U.S. general embargo or that is designated as a state sponsor of terrorism; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Parties List or Entities List. You represent that you are not located in or under the control of a national or resident of any such country or anyone on any such list.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any junk mail, chain letter or spam or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring, harvesting, scraping or otherwise copying any of the material or information on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website, including by soliciting passwords or personal information from any other person or by impersonating any other person or entity.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Access any content or data not intended for you.
Reliance on Information Presented
With the exception of information presented to you within your registered Website account, or other information prepared or presented for you personally, the information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include or link to content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express prior consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking, with which you have been in any way involved, immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
At our sole discretion, and with no prior notice, we may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time.
Links from the Website
Service Fees and Additional Charges
There is no charge to use the Website. If you are a registered user and choose to use the Website to perform financial transactions, any fees associated with your products (as it applies to your Company Product Accounts) will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all fees associated with your use of the Website to make payments to your Product Accounts. All Website users are responsible for any and all telephone and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or internet provider.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Wisconsin in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Availability of Products and Services
Due to various insurance and other regulatory restrictions, certain Products and Services described on the Website are not available to all users. Products and Services may vary by jurisdiction and not all Products and Services are available or suitable for all United States jurisdictions. The offer to sell or buy a product is specifically limited to the jurisdictions in which the Company and its Representatives are authorized to offer the products on this Website. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL OR A SOLICITATION TO BUY ANY SECURITY, INSURANCE PRODUCT, OR OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICE BY COMPANY. No Products and Services are offered or will be sold by Company, or, if sold, will be effective, in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation, purchase, or sale would be unlawful under securities, insurance, or other laws of such jurisdiction.
This Website may provide certain summary descriptions or other helpful information regarding Products and Services. Company attempts to be as accurate as possible; however, any such materials are intended to generally describe the Products and Services and are subject in all respects to the specific terms and conditions of the actual Product or Service agreement to which they refer.
Quotes are provided through the Website as a courtesy and are subject to change without notice. A quote should not be construed as a promise from the Company to issue a particular Product or Service, or any other Product or Service, to you. Quotes presented are based on the information you have provided to us. To purchase a particular Product or Service, you must submit a completed application to the Company. The Company will review your application, along with other information they may obtain from outside sources. After the Company has completed its underwriting and/or issue process they will determine the actual details of your specific Product or Service agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED, OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
Reasonable efforts are taken to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Website. However, errors or omissions may occur. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Conflict of Terms
Resolution of Claims and Disputes
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Website is operated by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, 4321 N. Ballard Rd. Appleton, WI 54919-0001 USA. We can also be contacted at 1-800-847-4836.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Notice in the manner and by the means set forth therein.