Good things may come to those who wait. With a deferred annuity, you set aside money today so you can receive income later. In between, you'll get tax-deferred growth on any earnings. Deferred annuities are long-term investments that can be used for retirement income.
With deferred annuities, you:
- Pay no income taxes until you start taking your money out.
- Can withdraw up to 10% of the accumulated value each year without a surrender charge (does not apply to deferred income annuities).
- Manage how and when you take income.
Single Premium Deferred Fixed Annuity
Turn a single payment into future income. Plus, you earn a fixed interest rate and the opportunity for tax-deferred growth. You also can take limited withdrawals without a surrender charge.
- Make a one-time payment.
- Earn a competitive, guaranteed minimum interest rate.1
Fixed Indexed Annuities
Purchase a fixed indexed annuity with a one-time, lump-sum payment and take advantage of growth potential and built-in loss protection. Pay no taxes on earnings until you start taking income. Plus, you can withdraw up to 10% of your value annually without surrender charges.2
- Potential for interest credited annually, up to a cap.
- No loss of value due to negative market performance.
Flexible Premium Deferred Fixed Annuity
Strengthen your savings as you go with flexible premium options. Flexible premium deferred annuities are designed to help you save at your own pace. You can make premium payments as frequently or infrequently as you want (some restrictions apply).
- Earn a competitive fixed-interest rate.
- Turn your assets into an income stream later.
Deferred Income Annuity
Guaranteed income can help cover your essential expenses. Purchase a deferred income annuity with a one-time, lump-sum payment and receive guaranteed income payments down the road for one or two people. For many people, it's a way to help supplement Social Security with an additional guaranteed income.
- In exchange for higher income payments later, you give up liquidity.
- Multiple payout options let you choose how/when to take income.
Flexible Premium Deferred Variable Annuity
Variable annuities are intended to be long-term investments, particularly for retirement. You can start investing and make additional premium payments as often as you like. Choose from a variety of professionally managed investment portfolios.
- Potential to grow tax-deferred until you start taking withdrawals.
- Choose how and when you take retirement income.
"I have friends who garden or golf or do things in addition to volunteering. But I don't know anybody in my circle of friends who is retired and doesn't volunteer at least some."*
* The member's experience may not be the same as other members' and does not indicate future performance or success.
Annuities are intended to be long term, particularly for retirement. Product availability and features may vary by state.
Investing in a variable annuity involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. The prospectus contains more complete information on the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable annuity contract and underlying investment options, which investors should read and consider carefully before investing. Prospectuses are available from a Thrivent Financial representative or at Thrivent.com.
1 Guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Thrivent Financial.
2 Withdrawals and surrenders will decrease the value of your annuity and, subsequently, the income you receive. Any withdrawals in excess of 10% may be subject to a surrender charge. The taxable portion of each annuity distribution is subject to income taxation. If a taxpayer is younger than 59½ at the time of distribution, a 10% federal tax penalty will apply to the taxable portion of the distribution unless a penalty-tax exception applies.
T.COM-D.2.2 D.2.2 N1-15