Helping you build a confident retirement
This IncomeMatch® fact finder is a starting point to help you develop a tailored retirement income approach that's right for your risk tolerance level.
Whether you prefer a set monthly income or you're comfortable taking some risk with your assets in turn for potential growth, your personalized results can help give you a better understanding of how to reach the retirement lifestyle you deserve.
Your IncomeMatch® Results
Congratulations! By completing the assessment, you've just taken a step closer in discovering a retirement income approach that's right for you and your comfort level.
If you have any questions about your results or would like to discuss your retirement income options in more detail, simply send your results to connect with a Thrivent Financial representative.
Your assessment aligns with one of three retirement income profiles: Explorer, Optimizer or Protector.
Based on your quiz score, you are …
You prefer accessible and flexible income while having some guaranteed income sources to cover your most essential expenses. You want greater flexibility rather than locking up assets to create more guaranteed income.
You desire a balanced mix of guaranteed income sources and market exposure for long-term growth. You know taking some risk helps address inflation concerns. If the market does well, your assets may produce more income; if it performs poorly, you have sources of guaranteed income to fall back on.
You want to cover more of your retirement income needs, regardless of how the market performs. You lean toward guaranteed income sources – like Social Security, pension plans and income annuities – that will last a lifetime. You desire stable income, yet realize some market exposure may help address inflation concerns.
The asset mix for each outlines the basic allocations between the Growth, Guaranteed1 and Near-Term buckets that can be used to address your unique wants and needs.
Your income and market risk preferences – along with your liquidity needs, inflation concerns, desired income, retirement assets and tax situation – will all have an impact on the solutions most suitable for you.
Your retirement income profile is only a starting point for talking to your financial representative. Help get the conversation going and send your results now.
If you don't have a Thrivent Financial representative or don't know their name or email, you can still send your results to have a representative in your area reach out to you.
Your IncomeMatch® answers
- I would prefer that my retirement assets provide guaranteed income for my lifetime, even though I would be giving up access to those assets.
- I prefer that my retirement income is stable and doesn't fluctuate with the ups and downs of the market – even though I could miss out on opportunities for my income to potentially go up with stronger markets.
- I would prefer to spend more and enjoy life early in retirement, and I'm less concerned about how long my retirement money lasts.
- I prefer flexibility to access my retirement assets, even though I may risk running out of money later in my retirement.
- I prefer that my retirement income be steady, in part so that I can be generous the way I want and be able to give to my church or other charities.
- To what extent are you afraid of running out of money in retirement?
- A. I prefer to convert some of my assets into sources of guaranteed lifetime income and no longer have control over those assets.
B. I prefer to keep control of my assets and take withdrawals that are not guaranteed to last for my lifetime.
- A. I prefer to create enough income from guaranteed lifetime sources to cover ONLY my essential living expenses, and keep control of more of my remaining assets.
B. I prefer to create enough income from guaranteed lifetime sources to cover ALL of my expenses, and give up control of more of my remaining assets.
- Which of the following would you prefer, in terms of an income stream in retirement? (Assume that the initial investment is the same for both.)
Hypothetical example for illustrative purposes only.
- How do you think your spending in retirement would change if you encountered an unexpected medical expense of $25,000 (not covered by insurance) in a single year?
1 For generic references to life, health and annuity products: Guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company. For specific references to Thrivent life, health or annuity products: Guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Thrivent Financial.