Choice Dollars Details
The Thrivent Choice® program lets eligible members recommend where some of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans' charitable outreach funds go by directing Choice Dollars®. The 2014 details are outlined below.
Member Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in Choice Dollars, you must be a benefit member age 16 or older. Individual eligibility is also based on:
- Holding a Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position; or
- Having $800 or more in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products; or
- Having $20,000 or more in contract value of qualifying products.
Member eligibility under current eligibility requirements is determined monthly, and these eligibility requirements are re-evaluated on an annual basis.
Qualifying Volunteer Leader Positions
Chapter leadership positions:
- Vice President
- Records Director
- Financial Director
- Director of Congregational Advocates
- Community Service Team Director
- Communications Director
- Assistant Financial Director
- Youth Director
- Events Director
- Board Member-At-Large
Congregational leadership positions:
- Congregational Advocate
- Lead Congregational Advocate
Thrivent Builds leadership positions:
- Thrivent Builds Congregational Champion
- Thrivent Builds Chapter Specialist
Chartered Thrivent Communities leadership positions:
- Chartered Thrivent Communities board members
|Qualifying Products – Premiums||Qualifying Products – Contract Value|
Fraternal benefit society life and health premium products including:
Fraternal benefit society life and annuity products including:
Benefit MemberA benefit member is someone 16 years or older who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance.
Amount of Choice Dollars Designated to You
- $2.50 Choice Dollars per $100 of annual premium on qualifying insurance products is designated monthly based upon the premium payments you made in the prior month.
- $1.25 Choice Dollars per $1,000 of contract value of qualifying products is designated on a quarterly basis. 25% of this amount will be designated to you each calendar quarter based upon the actual contract value at the end of the quarter.
- $50 Choice Dollars for holding a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position is designated once each year.
- Choice Dollar amounts range from $25 to $5,000 for eligible members.
Choice Dollars Expiration Date
Choice Dollars designated during the calendar year can be directed until March 31 of the following year. For example, you can direct Choice Dollars designated to you in 2014 until March 31, 2015.
Organizations Eligible for Choice Dollars
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and congregations that meet program eligibility rules; and
- Recommended by a benefit member; and
- Approved by a Thrivent Chapter/chartered Thrivent FR Community leadership board before being added to the online catalog.
- A benefit member is someone who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership, and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance.
- Must be age 16 or older.
Directing Designated Choice Dollars
Search Participating Organizations
Feel free to browse thousands of organizations that are participating in Thrivent Choice.
- You can direct Choice Dollars to as many organizations as you like. However, you must direct a minimum of $5 Choice Dollars to each organization.
- Thrivent Financial will distribute Choice Dollars grant funds to organizations monthly.
Directing Thrivent Choice Dollars and participating in Voting Events are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Thrivent Choice® program and if you direct any Thrivent Choice Dollars® or participate in any Voting Events this means that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.