- Q: What information do we gather on our website?
- A: To access your account information online, you will need to provide your user id and password on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website. To enroll for this service you need to contact Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225-8345. Upon initial use of the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website, you will need to provide your telephone number which is only used to identify you as a unique authorized user.
Thrivent Trust Company will never ask you to provide or confirm your personal information through an email unless you have requested such an email or transaction from us. Never respond to an email (especially unsolicited email) which asks for your personal or account information.
In other sections of our website (e.g. information request forms, Contact Us page), we may capture additional information you may supply including your name, address, email address, phone number and other personal information in order to fulfill your request.
- Q: What other information do we capture?
- A: Thrivent Trust Company's web server automatically recognizes only your IP address when you visit our site as an anonymous visitor (without logging in). It does not recognize your email address. However, we do collect your email address if you communicate with us via email.
If you enroll on our Online Access Website, please keep your personal information, including your email address, update to date. Your email address will be used by you to retrieve a forgotten password and assist you in using other self-service features. You may update any of your personal information by calling Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225-8345. Your email address may also be updated on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website under the Profile link's E-Delivery Settings screen if you have signed up for E-Delivery.
Thrivent Trust Company collects aggregate information about the pages visited within our website. We also capture browser type and version, and screen resolution. This information will assist us in providing a more user-friendly site and to aid in problem resolution if you experience technical difficulties while visiting our site. When you visit our website we collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website. This information may include the content you view, the date and time you view this content, or your location information associated with your IP address.
If you access or service your accounts online using your user ID and password to authenticate yourself, a record of your online activity is maintained.
- Q: How can you update the personal information you provide online?
- A: The only information you can update online is your email address if you have signed up for E-Delivery on the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website. To change your email address, log onto the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website and select the Profile link and then the E-Delivery Setting link and enter your address in the Notification E-mail Address box. Click Save Settings to update the email address. All other information about your account or online access must be updated by calling Thrivent Trust Company at 877-225-8345.
- Q: How we protect your personal information?
- A: We have strict standards of security to safeguard your data. In fact, the physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect your data often exceed regulatory requirements. The technology we use to protect your data is reviewed often. We improve the process as needed.
Only authorized employees and representatives may access and use data about you. All are trained to safeguard your data. Those who use your data must follow established standards, procedures, and laws. Also, Thrivent Trust Company uses encryption technology when sending or requesting personal information via the Internet.
- Q: What do we do with the information we gather?
- A: We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To verify your Thrivent Trust Company customer status and/or account ownership.
- To fulfill requests for additional information.
- To fulfill your requests for contact from a Thrivent Trust Company customer service representative.
- To help ensure a safer online environment for our site visitors.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- To serve you more relevant advertisements.
- To inform customer service professionals or financial representatives about account access and service requests that will enable us to provide you with better customer services.
- To inform you of updates to our website.
- To provide you with information about products and services available through Thrivent Trust Company and/or its affiliated companies that may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information.
- To resolve disputes, if needed.
- To increase visitor satisfaction in their online experience with Thrivent Trust Company.
- To provide you with security information to assist you in accessing the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website.
- Q: How do you opt out of data sharing and email marketing?
- A: To opt out of data sharing and email marketing, call us toll-free at 877-225-8345. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central time Monday through Friday.
- Q: How do we respond to "Do Not Track" signals?
- A: Thrivent Trust Company does not collect or share personally identifiable information about your on-line activities through web tracking mechanisms, therefore "Do Not Track" signals are not honored. Information collected or shared about your on-line activity does not identify you.
- Q: Do we use cookie, web beacon, or P3P technology?
- A: Yes, Thrivent Trust Company's website uses cookie technology. Cookies are messages which often include anonymous unique identifiers given to your web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message on your computer. The message is then sent back to the server each time your browser requests that site. For security reasons, cookies are not used for automatic access to secure areas on Thrivent Trust Company's website. You need to type your user ID and password every time you log into a secure access area.
You can set your computer's browser to opt-out of receiving or storing cookies, however, doing so may limit your access to certain sections of our site. You also can delete cookies stored on your computer's browser. The process to set or delete cookies differs by browser. See your browser's Help feature or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to set/delete your browser's cookie option.
We use web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel/page tags and clear GIFs) which are used with cookies to monitor the behavior of site visitors based on IP address. We use web beacons on our website and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes.
We use P3P technology (Platform for Privacy Preferences) which allows you to monitor and control the way your personal information is used on websites. If you have a P3P-enabled browser, you can set specific privacy criteria that you are comfortable with. Then, when you visit a website that has summarized their privacy practices for P3P, your browser will evaluate the site to see if it meets your criteria. Sites not matching your criteria will result in the browser displaying a warning notice or blocking transmission to the site.
- Q: What cookies, site authentication and encryption are utilized by the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website?
- A: If you utilize the Thrivent Trust Online Access Website, the Website uses two types of cookies:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that are automatically deleted whenever you close all open Web browser windows. Session cookies are used to ensure that you are recognized when you move from page to page within the site and that any information you have entered is remembered. Session Cookies do not collect information from the user's computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Persistent cookies that remain permanently on the cookie file of your computer. The persistent cookies contain an encrypted identification value associated with the User ID. Persistent cookies personalize your website experience and enhance security measures by recognizing your computer.
Cookies placed on your computer do not contain any personal information, such as an email address or name.
Although your browser may permit you to reject cookies, cookies are required to login and navigate within the Online Access Website. If you should choose to disallow cookies you will be required to respond to challenge questions each time you log on.
We protect your account information from unauthorized access, to the best of our ability, by placing it on the most secure portion of the Online Access Website. That's why you have to enter a unique user name and password each time you want to access the secure Online Access Website. We also utilize a site authentication feature (personalized image and description), which allows you to verify you are visiting the valid website. Your password should never be shared with anyone. None of our other clients can access your data, and only a restricted set of our employees can access your data in order to provide service to you. When you access password-protected portions of the site using a web browser, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is used to protect your communications through server authentication and data encryption. We upgrade and maintain our technology on an ongoing basis. Although the Online Access Website may link to some external sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites.
- Q: Do we use encryption technology?
- A: Certain areas on Thrivent Trust Company's website have been built to handle sensitive or confidential information. These pages utilize an internet method known as Secure Socket Layers (SSL). With SSL engaged, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to Thrivent Trust Company also is encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn't have the appropriate decryption key. This method of transferring sensitive data is considered the industry standard for the Internet.
For added security, close your browser completely when you finish using this site. While online, your browser is using part of your computer's memory. If your browser is left open, it may be possible for someone using your computer to go back and use this memory to access your information. Closing your browser clears this memory. You may also want to consider clearing your browser's temporary files.
For your security, we highly recommend you update your browser to versions that support SSL. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari are three browsers that support these encryption techniques. A solid key graphic will display when the SSL mode is engaged and the connection is encrypted. If you are not sure if your browser is compatible, check with your service provider.
Thrivent Trust Company has taken steps to make all information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use, alteration, and/or loss. This information is kept in Thrivent Trust Company's secure database. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
Thriventtrust.com uses VeriSign services to protect confidential information.
- Q: What is our policy for children?
- A: Your children's safety is important to us. We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. We encourage you to participate in your children's online experiences and ask that all children have their parent's or guardian's permission before sharing any personal information on our website.
- Q: What about links to other websites from Thrivent Trust Company's site?
- Q: Changes to this policy
- A: This policy is subject to change. If we make changes to this policy, we will revise the effective date as noted above. Please review this policy periodically.
Thrivent Trust Company
4321 N. Ballard Rd.
Appleton, WI 54919-0001.