Get connected now
Viewing article within:
Be Wise With Money
Get connected now: Contact me
4 Resources to Help You Give Back
October 24, 2016
Turn Thanksgiving into thankful giving
As you think about all that you have to be thankful for, think about the many God-given resources you have to share. Volunteering is a wonderful way to live out your faith and values by helping others. At the same time, you can experience the many rewards that come with making a difference in people's lives.
So many ways to care & share
Look around you and you'll find thousands of ways to get involved – ways to give back by sharing your time, talents and treasures to support causes and organizations that matter most to you.
Many websites can help you find local, national and international volunteer opportunities, such as:
- The Network for Good – This organization's goal is to connect people to charities through the Internet. The site has a search tool to pinpoint volunteer organizations that welcome children or teens. It also includes a useful list of 10 Tips on Volunteering Wisely.
- Doing Good TogetherTM – Expressly family-focused, the site includes ideas on how parents and kids can volunteer and help others.
- Volunteer match – This is a great resource to help find an organization that aligns with how you'd like to help others, your community, the environment or the world.
- Feeding America – Find a local food bank to support. Invite friends and family to join you. Help a family in need enjoy a meal this Thanksgiving.
Thrivent Financial offers programs & outreach opportunities
Members can connect with each other, learn new things and make a difference where they live via:
- Thrivent Action Teams – Make an immediate impact on a cause you care about.
- Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity® – Help build or repair homes with partner families in need.
- Thrivent Choice® – Member advised charitable grant program.
- Making a Difference: Sharing your time, talents and treasures: A small group educational discussion that explores ways to share your resources to make a difference and discover what is meaningful for you. Learn how to make intentional choices around your generosity that align with your values. Members can lead these discussions – all material is free. Or you can find or request a workshop in your area.
Not a member?
Join us and make the most of your time, talents and treasures. Visit Thrivent.com and select About Us for more information.
Get connected now! Contact me
Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent Financial. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent.
For additional information, visit Thrivent.com/disclosures.