Partnering to respond
When disasters occur, Thrivent members respond with both their hearts and hands to make a difference for those in need. It’s one of the many ways they live generously.
I want to help
If you’d like to get involved in the response efforts, share your contact information and answer a few questions about how you’d like to help. We’ll follow up with you as relevant opportunities – including volunteer trips – become available.
Note: We appreciate that you are anxious to help, but please do not self-deploy. Shelter, food and water are in limited supply and the arrival of unexpected volunteers adds to an already strained situation.
On behalf of our members, Thrivent Financial is joining Habitat for Humanity to support response efforts in the areas affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria:
- $1 million commitment to the Habitat Hammers Back initiative to conduct rapid assessments of storm damage, help clean out homes damaged by winds and floodwaters, and ultimately, repair homes and construct new affordable homes in communities damaged or destroyed by the recent hurricanes.
- $2 million added to our long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity to support Thrivent members and others who travel to the affected areas to volunteer with Habitat alongside families in need of assistance.
More ways to respond
Thrivent members have additional opportunities to make a difference by:
- Having a personal donation to relief organizations matched.
- Directing Thrivent Choice dollars® to a relief organization.
- Leading a Thrivent Action Team to raise funds or provide service to help those affected by the hurricanes.
Visit the disaster response page on Thrivent.com to learn more.
* Thrivent will pay the processing fees for personal donations made through InFaith Community Foundation up to $100,000 or 12/31/18, whichever comes first.
The Thrivent Choice charitable grant program engages Thrivent members and Thrivent Member Networks in providing grants that support charitable activities, furthering Thrivent's mission and its purposes under state law. All grant decisions, including grant recipients and amounts, are made at the sole discretion of Thrivent. Directing Choice Dollars is subject to the terms and conditions of the Thrivent Choice® program and if you direct any Choice Dollars® this means that you agree to the Terms and Conditions (PDF).