Become a Member
You can take advantage of Thrivent Financial membership benefits, financial tools and resources by becoming:
- A benefit member (Link opens in new window) through the purchase of an insurance or annuity product; or
- An associate member (Link opens in new window) through an annual membership fee of $19.95.
Essential to Thrivent's structure is our common bond among members. Our founders created an organization called to help members support one another and their communities. We honor our heritage and welcome Christians1 seeking to live out their faith.
You are eligible to apply for membership in Thrivent Financial if you support The Thrivent Way (Link opens in new window) and you meet one of the following:
- You are a Christian, seeking to live out your faith; or
- You are the spouse of a Christian who seeks to live out his or her faith; or
- If applying on behalf of a youth under age 16, the youth is being raised in the Christian faith.
Benefit MemberA benefit member is someone 16 years or older who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance.
Associate MemberAn associate member is someone 16 years or older who meets membership eligibility and has been admitted for membership but does not have a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product. There is a $19.95 annual associate membership fee, however this fee may be waived when you purchase a product from a Thrivent Financial affiliate or subsidiary, such as a Thrivent mutual fund product or Thrivent Federal Credit Union product.
The Thrivent Way
We are a membership organization of Christians, and our members are our owners. Our purpose is to serve our members and society by guiding both to be wise with money and live generously. We believe that all we have is a gift from God and that generosity is an expression of faith. We succeed when our members, their families and their communities thrive.