Logos & Terminology
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Logo Use Policy
The Thrivent Financial logo and name are valuable brand assets. We all contribute to how people feel when they see or hear the Thrivent Financial name, and we can control how they see our brand. When our name and logo are used consistently, correctly and according to brand standards, awareness and recognition of our brand increases. Correct use of our name and logo also protects the integrity of and investment in our registered marks and corporate brand.
To ensure brand accuracy and to protect our trademarks:
- All corporate employees, our Thrivent Financial representatives, members and others must obtain corporate approval for every new situation requiring our logo.
- All corporate employees, our Thrivent Financial representatives, members and others are not permitted to share our logo with others or give others permission to use our logo. Thrivent Financial retains the rights to provide the logo and approve its application on all materials.
- It is not permissible to keep logo files for future use or to copy any logos that are part of Thrivent.com or other Thrivent Financial websites.
- Chapters and chapter service teams may not develop their own logos or visual identities; variations/modifications of the corporate logo or their own mottos, slogans or taglines because this could conflict with corporate brand identity and potentially confuse members and other Lutherans.
See our complete Logo Use Policy for details about:
- The process to obtain and use a Thrivent Financial logo.
- Permissible and not permissible logo applications.
Using Terminology & Descriptions
Chapters and chapter service teams should refer to the organization as outlined below.
- Always refer to the organization as "Thrivent Financial for Lutherans" on first reference. (If our logo is on the piece, that doesn't count as the first reference. Our logo cannot be used as part of a sentence.)
- You may refer to the organization as "Thrivent Financial" on subsequent references.
- Never refer to the organization as "Thrivent" or as "TFFL."
- In more formal oral presentations or speeches, always refer to our organization as "Thrivent Financial for Lutherans" on first reference. "Thrivent Financial" may be used on subsequent references.
- In informal conversation, it's OK to refer to our organization as "Thrivent Financial" if you're among those who are familiar with our organization.
For posters, flyers or other publications in which you have limited space, use the following description:
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is a Fortune 500 financial services membership organization helping nearly 2.5 million members achieve financial security and give back to their congregations and communities.
A chapter is a geographic group of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans' members who create and participate in charitable, social and educational activities. All Thrivent Financial members belong to a chapter, which provides a way for them to connect with one another for social or educational events, as well as give back to their communities, congregations and causes they care about.
If you have questions about the logo or corporate identity, call the Strategic Marketing area at Thrivent Financial for Lutherans at 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836).