With Thrivent Choice®, you can recommend where some of Thrivent Financial's charitable outreach funds go. Since 2010, more than $370 million has been distributed to churches and nonprofits nationwide.
Direct Choice Dollars to enrolled charities of your choice.
How Thrivent Choice Works
Members become eligibleMore Informationfor Thrivent Choice based on insurance premiums, contract values and Thrivent volunteer leadership. Members are designated Choice Dollars that they can direct to enrolled charities.
Choosing a charitable organization
There are thousands of participating organizations. You can direct Choice Dollars to as many participating organizations as you'd like, but you may not direct less than five Choice Dollars to an organization. Enrolled organizations must be:
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit or congregation that meets program eligibility rules (PDF).
- Recommended by a benefit member.
- Approved by a Thrivent Member Network leadership board before being added to the online catalog.
- Must be a benefit member (someone who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership, and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance).
- Must be age 16 or older.
- At least $750 in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products.
- At least $20,000 in contract value of qualifying products.
- Hold a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position.
Promote Thrivent Choice
Tools and resources to help spread the word.
"I appreciate your Thrivent Choice program. Not only have you handled our financial investments well but now you are offering us a chance to give back to the charities that we so strongly believe in."*
* The member's experience may not be the same as other members' and does not indicate future performance or success.
* Thrivent will pay the processing fees for personal donations made through InFaith Community Foundation up to $100,000 or 12/31/18, whichever comes first.
The Thrivent Choice charitable grant program engages Thrivent members and Thrivent Member Networks in providing grants that support charitable activities, furthering Thrivent's mission and its purposes under state law. All grant decisions, including grant recipients and amounts, are made at the sole discretion of Thrivent. Directing Choice Dollars is subject to the terms and conditions of the Thrivent Choice® program and if you direct any Choice Dollars® this means that you agree to the Terms and Conditions (PDF).