Retention & Destruction of Chapter Materials
Here are guidelines for how long to retain certain chapter documents and records:
- Keep the following documents and records for seven years (current year plus past six years):
- Chapter bank statements, canceled checks, check duplicates and withdrawal and deposit slips.
- All Chapter Expense Reimbursement Requests and the expense receipts.
- Copies of the paperwork received from service teams for chapter-sponsored activities, including Care Abounds in Communities® and Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity.
- All chapter activity receipts that are sent to the chapter leadership board.
- Chapter meeting minutes: Minutes can be entered and retained online on the Chapter Leadership Administration system. This option is strongly encouraged. If your chapter produces paper copies, the copies should be retained for at least seven years.
- Retain your Chapter Charter indefinitely or until a new one is issued.
- Because the Chapter Summary Report is saved in the Chapter Leadership Administration system, the chapter does not need to retain yearly paper copies of this document.
Consider confidentiality as you destroy chapter materials and records. If records contain confidential information, shred, tear or burn these records when disposing of them.