Agenda & Minutes
Chapter Meeting Agenda
It is a good idea to have an agenda to provide an outline of what needs to be covered at each chapter meeting. Ideally, the agenda should be given to each chapter leader prior to the meeting. Each agenda should include time for:
- Admitting/electing new members by vote (president).
- Reviewing and approving minutes from last meeting (records director).
- Reporting and approving financial report (financial director), which includes:
- Checkbook balance, deposits and list of checks issued.
- Summary of Care Abounds in Communities® activities, funds raised, supplemented funds and funds paid out.
- Care Abounds in Communities program allocation balance.
- Operating funds balance.
- Reporting on Care Abounds in Communities program activities, and reporting and voting on requests (community service team director or other leader as appropriate).
- Reporting on upcoming chapter and regional events (events director or other leader as appropriate).
- If new chapter leaders have recently been elected or appointed, installation of the new leaders.
Chapter Meeting Minutes
Keeping minutes of each chapter business meeting is required and is typically the responsibility of the chapter records director.
What to Include
Focus on three categories of information:
- Decisions the chapter makes such as:
- The admission of members.
- Approval or denial of each Care Abounds in Communities® activity/funding request, including funds approved, conditions of approval, etc.
- Action items that have been or need to be taken.
- Open issues.
Note: Decisions made via email or teleconference between meetings should be documented in the following month's chapter meeting minutes.
Approval of Minutes
Read and approve minutes at regular meetings to inform those attending of past actions. When recording minutes remember that confidentiality must be maintained. When discussing an activity for a recipient, you may not want to include the details of the recipient's situation.
Minutes must be retained for seven years in one of the following two ways:
- Manage Chapter Meeting Minutes page in Chapter Leadeship Administration (preferred) - The minutes are automatically stored online for the required seven years (paper copies don't need to be kept), and chapter leaders with Internet access can easily refer to past minutes.
It's recommended to type the minutes on your word processing software, then copy and paste the completed and approved minutes into the Manage Chapter Meeting Minutes page online.
If you type the minutes directly in to the Manage Chapter Meeting Minutes page, it's important to click the "Save and Continue" button frequently, or you may lose your work.
- Chapter Leader Materials binder - Chapter minutes can be filed in the Chapter Leader Materials binder.
Printable Agenda and Minutes Form
Chapter leaders can access a printable form to document meeting minutes: chapter minutes form (PDF, 76K).