Mission & Purpose
The amazing work of all member leaders is an important part of Thrivent Financial. This is reflected in the mission, vision and values we all share, called The Thrivent Way, which states our purpose is:
To strengthen Christian communities by helping people be wise with money and inspiring them to live generously.
All chapter leadership boards share the same mission and these goals:
- To get more chapter members involved in strengthening their community.
- To increase visibility and awareness of Thrivent's collective impact in the community.
Each board will choose strategies and tactics that are unique to them, based on the needs of their members and the opportunities in their community. As a whole, your purpose as a chapter leader is to do the following:
- Bring The Thrivent Way to life in your community.
- Provide strategic direction, leadership planning and administration support to the chapter and its congregational advocates and community service teams.
- Inform members that they are member-owners, they belong to a membership organization and their chapter is a local representation of their organization.
- Communicate with chapter members about opportunities to volunteer for board positions or upcoming activities and encourage them to attend board meetings.
- Be a representative for the members in your chapter. Ask members what they care about, so their voice is heard; this leads to creating positive and meaningful experiences for your local members.
- Determine the best way to utilize funding for needs in the community to help members and others be wise with money and ultimately lead generous lives.
- Meet quarterly, or more frequently, to remain a viable, active chapter.
- Regularly consider how to simplify working with members and others in your community and provide suggestions to Thrivent.
- Publicize activities and when possible invite elected government officials and Thrivent representatives to attend chapter activities.
- Provide recognition for board, congregational or service team volunteers.