Skip Navigation
Finances & Funding

Sales Tax Exemption

Each chapter in a state that has a sales tax usually must pay sales tax for all chapter purchases within the state. These chapters may apply to the state's sales-tax authority to obtain a sales-tax exemption. Chapters are 501(c)(8) entities and in most states do not qualify for an exemption.

It is not appropriate to use a congregation's sales-tax exemption number for chapter transactions. Doing so could jeopardize the congregation's opportunity for future sales-tax exemptions.

Check the background of our representatives on FINRA's BrokerCheck.

Insurance products issued or offered by Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Appleton, WI. Not all products are available in all states. Products issued by Thrivent Financial are available to applicants who meet membership, insurability, U.S. citizenship and residency requirements. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent. Fee-based investment advisory services are available through qualified investment advisor representatives only.

Trust and investment management accounts and services offered by Thrivent Trust Company are not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency, are not deposits or other obligations of, nor guaranteed by Thrivent Trust Company or its affiliates, and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.

© 1995- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans