National Board of Directors
National Board of Directors Elections: Chapter & Thrivent Member Network Responsibilities
Chapters & Thrivent Member Networks have two main responsibilities in relation to the annual national Thrivent Financial Board of Directors election: They may nominate candidates for the election each spring, and they can promote the election by encouraging benefit members to submit their ballots each fall.
Beginning April 1, Chapters & Thrivent Member Networks can nominate candidates the next year's national board of directors election.
Chapters & Thrivent Member Networks wishing to nominate candidates must do so at Chapter & Thrivent Member Network Regional Board of Directors meetings held between April 1 and May 31 of the current year. Nominations made at meetings held outside of this period will not be accepted.
The following materials will help you with the nomination process:
- Letter from Dick Moeller to Chapter Leaders, Chair of the Board (Link opens in new window) (PDF, 49K)
- Letter from Dick Moeller to Thrivent Member Networks, Chair of the Board (PDF, 48K)
- Call for Nominations form (Link opens in new window) for Chapters (PDF, 43K)
- Call for Nominations form for Thrivent Member Networks (Link opens in new window) (PDF, 44K)
- Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws (Link opens in new window) (PDF, 150K)
- Desired Qualifications for Nominees and Biographical Information Affidavit (Link opens in new window) (PDF, 70K)
- Conflict of Interest Policy (Link opens in new window) (PDF, 115K)
Chapters & Thrivent Member Networks considering the nomination of a candidate should review the letter from Dick Moeller and the Desired Qualifications guidelines to understand what the board is looking for in candidates. Chapters & Thrivent Member Networks choosing to submit a nomination should get permission from the nominee. Then complete the Call for Nominations form in full and submit it via U.S. mail postmarked no later than May 31, 2016. Nominations submitted in any other manner will not be accepted. Send the form to:
Attn: Paul R. Johnston, Corporate Secretary
625 Fourth Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Note: Nomination(s) must occur at Chapter & Thrivent Member Network Regional Board of Directors meetings.
Please have the nominee complete the Biographical Information form and send it to the address above no later than June 15, 2016. All nominees must submit this biographical information.
Because benefit members directly elect our governing body, chapters should continually encourage them to vote.
- Any time you have contact with members before Nov. 22 – whether at church, chapter meetings or other events – you should actively promote the national election.
- Remind members that their right to vote is a unique privilege of being part of a fraternal benefit society.
Please be sure to vote if you are a benefit member. Your voice and that of every member is important. We are looking forward to good member participation in this year's election.
Questions about the national board of directors election can be referred to Cindy Nigbur at 800-847-4836, ext. 38322 or email@example.com.