Bulletins & Emails
Two great ways to reach your audience to promote your activities are through bulletin inserts and emails. Explore the following information to help decide if one of these pieces will suit your needs.
- When to use – When you want to reach members in a specific congregation.
- Benefits – They are targeted.
- Cautions – Not all congregations will include them. (It costs money to print them and time to insert them.) You may prefer to provide text that the congregation can put in a newsletter or on its website. Remember to ask permission from the congregation to use the bulletin insert.
- Easy-to-use templates available – Save time by using prewritten and predesigned templates to announce and support your activities. See the Tools & Resources page on Thrivent.com for several bulletin insert templates Just fill in your information, print, make copies and distribute.
- When to use – If you're interacting with a group of people for whom you have email addresses (Thrivent Financial does not have email lists available for chapters to use).
- Benefits – It's free to send, and more and more people prefer to receive information electronically. It also allows the recipient to forward the email to another person – grassroots marketing!
- Cautions – Not everyone has email.
- Important – When sending email to two or more recipients, enter their email addresses in the bcc: field. This protects a person's email from being visible and then copied to other email lists that are not desired. Be sure to honor the requests of people who ask to be removed from your mailing lists. Please see additional email guidelines in the Policies & Guidelines section.