The Thrivent Choice® program is a charitable grant program that allows members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes a portion of its charitable grant funds each year. It is a joint program of Thrivent and its member chapters.
Choice Dollars® – Eligible benefit members can help direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to thousands of nonprofit organizations, including congregations.
Benefit member eligibility and designated Choice Dollars are based on:
- Holding a qualifying Thrivent volunteer leadership position.
- Annual premiums of qualifying insurance products.
- Contract value on qualifying products.
Chapter Leaders' Roles
- Chapter leaders will approve or disapprove enrollment of organizations as Choice Dollars grant funds recipients. Review the Thrivent Choice organization application process and the chapter leaders approval process (PDF).
- Please note, a benefit member must nominate an eligible 501(c)(3) organization before it will be invited to enroll. Benefit members do this by completing an online recommendation form (Link opens in new window).
- Each chapter's congregational advocates will be responsible for promoting the program in their congregation.
- Chapter leaders are encouraged to promote Thrivent Choice among chapter members at local chapter events and in congregations. There are tools to help you do this. More member participation at a local level could mean more grant funds to benefit nonprofit organizations and congregations in your community.
- Don't feel like you have to be an expert on Choice Dollars details and eligibility factors. You can direct members with those types of questions to their Thrivent Financial representative or to 800-847-4836 and say "Thrivent Choice."
- Please participate in the Voting Events and, if you're eligible, direct Choice Dollars. Thrivent Financial benefit members serving in qualifying volunteer leadership roles will be designated Choice Dollars®.
To learn more and access a variety of promotional materials, visit the Thrivent Choice page.