Liability Insurance Coverage
General Liability Insurance
What Does It Insure?
- Liability arising out of the activities of Thrivent Financial chapters, Thrivent Communities, Thrivent Action Teams or Thrivent Member Networks.
- Bodily injury/property damage to third parties caused by a chapter leader, chapter service team and other Thrivent volunteers while volunteering on behalf of and with the oversight of Thrivent.
- Report any incidents immediately to Corporate Insurance Management 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836), ext.628-2079.
What Isn't Insured?
- Injury or property damage (negligently or otherwise) to a volunteer's own self or property. In such cases, the volunteer must rely on his or her own health, disability or property insurance as applicable.
- High-risk activities should be avoided or reviewed by the Activity Review Team to ensure proper safety, legal and liability measures are considered. Events that are considered high-risk include, but are not limited to:
- Activities that involve weapons.
- Racing of any powered vehicle (snowmobile, car, ATV, watercraft, etc.).
- Activities involving the use of any aircraft, bungee jumping, hot-air balloons.
- Children's inflatable bounce equipment.
- The selling and use of fireworks.
- Activities that require a separate waiver or release by the vendor (rafting, wall climbing, etc.).
- Activities that require safety regulation (power tools, highway clean up, etc.).
- Activities that could result in damage to the reputation of Thrivent.
- When planning an activity please be familiar with Thrivent's Alcohol Policy.
- If you have questions/concerns about an activity please seek guidance from the Member Connection Center.
- Thrivent Builds activities have already been approved.
Certificate of Insurance
Chapters are sometimes asked to provide a certificate of insurance to a facility or organization that is allowing the chapter to host an activity at their site. If you receive a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836), say "fraternal" and provide them with the information indicated below. Please indicate in the subject line or to the Customer Service Professional that you are requesting a Certificate of Insurance.
The following information is needed to generate the certificate of insurance. Please include this information in your email or be ready to provide it to the Customer Service Professional:
- Date of activity.
- Full chapter name and chapter number (if known).
- Chapter leader name and email for the person the certificate should be emailed to.
- Name and description of the event.
- Full name of the facility or organization requesting the certificate of insurance.
- Street address, city and state of the facility or organization requesting the certificate of insurance.
- If the venue has mentioned being named an "additional insured", please include that information when contacting our office.
Professional Liability Insurance
Thrivent does not provide professional liability insurance for volunteers. A chapter should not sponsor an activity such as a health fair or blood drive or one that includes any medical procedures, including (but not limited to) blood drawing, blood pressure monitoring, cholesterol screening, mammograms and massages.
If the chapter is approached by a licensed healthcare provider willing to assist with and sponsor an activity providing medical procedures, the chapter may participate in such an activity. However, chapter service team members' involvement should be limited to performing non-medical related services. No member of the chapter service team should be involved in performing any of the medical procedures/testing, nor should they provide medical advice at the event.
If a service team will be assisting at such an event, the chapter must obtain a certificate of insurance from the sponsoring healthcare provider evidencing that the professionals performing the procedures are insured for this activity under a professional liability insurance policy. This can be done on behalf of the chapter by the service team working on the activity. If no proof of insurance is available, the chapter should refrain from being involved in the activity. The proof of insurance should be provided to the chapter leadership board prior to the activity and kept with the chapter records on the activity.
If you have questions about your chapter's involvement in an activity or about the required professional liability insurance that must be maintained by the healthcare professional, contact the Member Interaction Center prior to the event at 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836) and say "fraternal."