Changes & Errors
Requesting Additional Care Program Activity Funds
There may be situations where additional Care program funds are desired for an activity. For example:
- More funds were raised for a fund-raiser than were originally reported.
- Additional expenses were incurred for a hands-on service, educational or member social activity after the activity results were reported.
- Chapter forgot to request up-front funding for a hands-on service, educational or member social activity before the activity was held.
Help is available by contacting a representative from the Member Connection Center at 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836), say "fraternal." A representative will analyze your situation and provide options and solutions. Before calling the service center, please verify:
- Your request for additional funds comes before the activity request deadline of December 18.
- Funds raised and receipts can be provided as appropriate for the Care Abounds in Communities® program.
- Total amount requested does not exceed specific remaining funds available.
Correcting Funds Paid/Received in Error
There may be situations where funds are paid or received in error. For example:
- Activity entered for wrong program.
- Funds sent to the wrong payee.
- Activity is not eligible to receive funds.
- Duplicate request made.
- Too many funds were requested.
- Received more in pre-funding than actual expenses for a hands-on service, educational or member social activity.
For the majority of these situations, a refund will be processed. Processing a refund will require that the excess funds be returned or, for Care Abounds in Communities®, removed from a chapter's checking account. After a refund is processed, the amount refunded will be added back into the remaining funds available.
If a mistake is made entering activity information such as recipient name and address, volunteer hours etc., call the Member Connection Center at 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836), and say "fraternal."