Thrivent Financial is an incredible membership organization of Christians. Our member-owners are joined in a movement of being wise with money, living generously and changing lives.
If you're not familiar with Thrivent, let's change that. We offer a broad array of products and services, including life insurance, annuities and investments, plus tailored guidance from financial representatives nationwide. But that's only part of our story.
Thrivent is also a not-for-profit membership organization of Christians. We help our more than 2 million member-owners reach their financial goals so they can feel more confident about what the future has in store for them – and for their families. Plus, we support programs that improve lives close to home and around the world.
When you join our team, you'll put your talents to work in amazing ways. You won't just build your career; you'll be part of a movement that's focused on growing, innovating and serving.
A lot of companies talk about their culture, values or guiding principles when describing their work environment. We do, too – and we call it The Thrivent Way. It's a sense of community that's so strong, it feels almost like family when you walk in the door – in a good way!
Thrivent is a membership organization of Christians driven to do what's right for those we serve, while also being a great place to work. Our environment promotes qualities you'd expect from a major employer – teamwork, collaboration, respect and openness. But we take it a step further.
Chapels in our corporate offices offer employees a quiet place to reflect and seek comfort. We also offer worship services during Advent and Lent for people of faith to take part in. Should a coworker suffer misfortune or if a local charity needs a helping hand, employees pull together to raise funds or collect needed supplies.
At Thrivent, gestures of generosity are common-place, not an aberration. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
Your Total Rewards
When it comes to our total rewards package you'll find everything you'd expect from a Fortune 500 organization including:
- Competitive compensation that reflects your work.
- Group medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans.
- A 401(k) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care.
- Tuition reimbursement and personal development opportunities.
- Wellness offerings such as a medical clinic (Appleton only), fitness center, health coaches, health assessments and Employee Assistance Program, and more.
You'll also find benefits that might pleasantly surprise you, like:
- A Thrivent-funded pension plan.
- A dollar-for-dollar match on charitable donations to approved nonprofits.*
- Opportunities to volunteer in your community, across the country or around the world – often during on-the-job time.
- * Up to predetermined annual maximums.
Strong & Stable
These days, financial services providers come and go. When you work at Thrivent, you don't have to worry that we'll be here today and gone tomorrow.
We've been standing strong for more than a century, thanks to wise decision making, careful planning and a focus on what matters most – our members and their aspirations for a sound financial future.
But don't take our word for it. Here are some numbers that demonstrate our most recent achievements:
- 116.5 billion assets under management/advisement.1
- Ranked 316 on the Fortune 500 list (Fortune magazine, June 2017).
- $193 billion of individual life insurance in force.1
- $9 billion total surplus.1
- A.M. Best A++ (Superior) – highest of 16 ratings, May 2017.2
- Fitch Ratings AA+ (Very Strong) – second highest of 19 categories, June 2017.2
- Members will receive $317 million in dividends in 2017.3
- 1 As of Dec. 31, 2016.
- 2 These ratings reflect Thrivent Financial's overall financial strength and claims-paying ability, but do not apply to the investment performance of investment products.
- 3 Dividends are not guaranteed.
Our employees love giving back. When you join Thrivent, you'll have plenty of opportunities to volunteer your time and talents to make a difference where you and our members live, work and worship – often while "on the clock."
In 2015, Thrivent and our employees and members:
- Led more than 65,000 volunteer teams to support causes they care about.
- Contributed $203.9 million in total outreach to help churches and communities.
- Volunteered to build, repair or fund 816 homes, improving housing for 2,067 people through the Thrivent Builds program.
- Directed $54.3 million in grant funding through the Thrivent Choice program, benefiting over 29,000 nonprofit organizations.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Thrivent, we recognize that a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us better reach and serve our members, customers and their communities. In fact, we rely on that abundance of abilities, skills and cultural experiences to help bring The Thrivent Way to life.
All Thrivent employees are invited to join our Business Resource Groups. These voluntary, employee-led groups serve as a resource to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with our organizational mission, values, goals and objectives. Currently, our groups and their missions include:
Thrivent Hues Leadership Network
To support and advise employees of color at Thrivent through cultural awareness and understanding that promotes hiring, retention and career advancement.
Thrivent Women's Leadership Network
To inspire women to be leaders to unleash their full potential by engaging them and their allies in a dialogue about career opportunities and issues uniquely impacting women.
Thrivent LGBT Leadership Network
Advocates for inclusivity, awareness and understanding of LGBT employees and allies. Supports hiring, retention, advancement and outreach to the communities we serve.
Thrivent Young Professionals Network
To facilitate the attraction, development, engagement and retention of young professionals.
Talk to a Thrivent recruiter to learn more about Thrivent's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you want to learn more, search our current career opportunities.